On Sunday I’m hosting a Swap Shop to raise money for Labour Behind the Label (details of the event can be found here) and for the occasion I’m baking a whole load of sweet stuff. One of the easiest pieces, which I’ve just made, is a vegan flapjack.
Here is the recipe!
- Preheat oven to 180°C/gas mark 4 and grease a 28cmx18cm baking tray, lining with baking paper
- Put the spread, brown sugar and golden syrup into a pan on medium heat and mix until the spread and sugar dissolves
- Remove the pan from the heat, add the porridge oats and sultanas and mix until they are fully coated
- Press the mixture into the baking tray
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden brown
- Let the flapjack cool in the tray for 5 minutes then turn it out from the tray and let it cool on a cooling rack
- Cut into squares, and voila! Done.
Cheap, easy and super simple to make. The flapjacks can also last for up to a week in a container. Perfect for my Swap Shop. And the crumbly bits off the side, I can enjoy now!