Yesterday I turned 27 and surprisingly did it rather respectably. The weekend started with champagne breakfast, leading to a stop-over in Cheltenham, a lovely bubble bath (don’t have that luxury at home), beer and fried chicken, finally finished reading Frankenstein, then a walk up Malvern Hills, and ended with noodles, Blue Planet II and Stranger Things.
But turning 27 and having a chilled-ish weekend gave me time to think of the ’27 Club’ and those iconic stars that died way way way too young. So in homage, here is my ‘27 club mixtape‘ which you can listen to and follow on Spotify:
- Amy Winehouse – Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?
- The Doors (Jim Morrison) – The End
- Rolling Stones (Brian Jones) – Midnight Rambler
- Friendly Fires (Richard Turner) – Photobooth
- Robert Johnson – Cross Road Blues
- Jimi Hendrix – Hey Joe
- Nirvana (Kurt Cobain) – Lithium
Happy (or emotional) listening guys xxx