This weekend I haven’t moved very far from the couch, had a very VERY lazy one. So for my blog post this week I thought I’d continue with the laziness and just share with you (from my couch) my thoughts on five things that are on my radar.
- Ecosia – My new search engine. A couple of weeks ago I switched from Google to Ecosia. Basically, every time you search, the search ads that pop up generates an income, with that income Ecosia plant trees. In just a couple of weeks my searches have planted 76 trees… and I didn’t even have to get off the couch!
- Jamestown – Started Saturday lunchtime, already 7 episodes deep. In a nutshell, English settlers in America around 1600 (little bit Pocahontaseqsue), for years there were just men in the colony, then along come women. The series is about the issues facing these women. Rape, witch accusations and general frustrating and cruel sexism. The main characters are brilliant, strong willed and intelligent. Definitely worth a watch. #girlpower
- Valentine’s day – Just around the corner. Please please please don’t buy your other half something they will never use, that will end up in the bin, that they don’t really want. Why not do something together? Or get them something they really need? Or, like me, just ignore the day and focus on the pancakes you will be eating instead?
- Plastic – Such a hot topic at the moment. Every where I look; the news, facebook, TV, there are photos and stories around plastic pollution. Big companies are finally starting to put strategies in place to reduce their packaging which is great and well overdue, but photos like this still haunt me. Be conscious of what you’re buying. Is that carrier really necessary?
- Derry Girls – Absolutely hilarious Channel 4 comedy series set in the 90’s about a group of teenage girls in Northern Ireland. I won’t say any more. Just watch it!
Right, blog post done, time to get back to Jamestown and chilling on the couch.
Have a good one x