At least once a week I have avocado. Absolutely love the stuff. I have it in many shapes and forms. For breakfast, dinner or tea. Sometimes in a smoothie, with eggs on toast, in a wrap, with chili con carne or even just to dip some crisps.
Did you know…?
- They’re are a fruit, and where most fruit is high in sugar, avocado is high in healthy fats (aka monounsaturated oleic acid)
- They hold a wide variety of nutrients, including 20 different vitamins and minerals
- They contain more potassium than a banana!
Tonight I’m having my weekly dose in the form of guacamole with poached eggs on toast.
Here is the guac recipe courtesy of Rob!
- 1 ripe large avocado
- 1/4 large red onion, finely diced
- 2 beef tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
- Bunch of coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 red chili, finely diced
- Pinch of salt
- Mash the avocado up with a fork
- Add the onion, tomatoes, coriander and chili then mix
- Season with salt and lime juice, and voila! Done.
Easy, healthy and scrummy! If you want some more avo-inspo head to @bestofavocado on Instagram.